A highly successful multinational telecoms firm is looking for an experienced Network Engineer to join its technology team on an initial 3-month contract. The contract is paying £400 per day inside of IR35. The organisation embraces remote working however you MUST be able to commute 3 data centres based in London regularly.
In this role you will support the on-prem data centre environment and must be willing to visit and maintain physical data centres. You will administer, support and maintain all physical and virtual Cisco appliances and will frequently be involved in troubleshooting exercises across a large multi-platform network.
In order to be suitable for this role you will have:
- Proven experience with Cisco routing and switching
- Experience managing on-premise environments and physical data centres
- Cisco ASA and Cisco Nexus experience
- Cisco certified (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE)
- Any experience with Cisco ACI, Azure or AWS would be beneficial to your application but is by no means necessary
In this diverse and hands-on role, you will play a key role in the support, maintenance, and development of the firm’s global network infrastructure. This includes all elements of external and internal network security, fault resolution, troubleshooting, network expansion, design, system monitoring and general support.