A TV production company is seeking a Media Asset Technician to maintain their digital media assets and oversee transfer & backup of final production deliverables and requested media. Additionally, you’ll maintain & improve upon the company’s media library using consistently applied, appropriate object tags & to service archive catalogue requests.
Our client is looking for someone with a track record of media management processes & a desire to stay / move into the post-production coordination, data lifecycle management space within Media.
- Responsible for the media management of finished development material and finished production analogue and digital media assets.
- Responsible for media backups of designated material including transfers onto cloud storage and/ LTO.
- Ensuring that media, information about media, logs and documents are organised to be readily accessible by other archive catalogue users
- Operation & maintenance of media library, including metadata tags for media as appropriate and servicing archive retrieval requests.
- Working closely with the Edit Assistant and IT department to build an effective support network, proactively identifying solutions for the improvement of the company’s Media & Technical Workflows.
- Working with productions & development teams to select material for retention, promoting best archiving practice.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proactive problem-solving skills, demonstrating initiative to implement solutions to issues when appropriate.
- Understanding of post-production media & archival workflows.
- Knowledge of camera formats, video/audio codecs, transcoding processes.
- An aptitude & desire for learning new systems & software.
- An ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the business.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team without direct supervision.
- Experience managing content libraries and metadata tags or other relevant data management experience.
- Experience with DAM/MAM systems (Object Matrix/CATDV etc).
- Experience with cloud object storage & file transfer systems. Experience with physical tape (DVCAM, BETACAM etc.) management & digitisation processes would be a distinct advantage.