A growing organisation in the health sector is seeking a motivated and organised IT Support Engineer. You’ll assist the Head of IT & Cyber Security in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the IT department, ensuring that all technology systems, hardware, and software are running smoothly and efficiently. The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical background, excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
This role is 100% onsite at the company’s central Brighton office, and is paying up to £35,000 plus good benefits.
Other responsibilities include:
- Responding to user inquiries, providing technical support and troubleshooting assistance to resolve hardware, software, and network issues.
- Collaborating with other departments to identify and implement technology solutions that improve organisational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Developing IT policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with industry best practices and legal requirements.
- Assisting in the management of IT projects, ensuring that they are delivered on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards.
- Maintaining an inventory of hardware, software, and other IT assets, ensuring that they are properly secured and accounted for.
- Assisting in the training and development of 1st line support staff, providing mentorship and coaching to promote professional development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field is desirable but not essential
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT operations or a related field.
- Strong technical skills in hardware, software, and network administration.
- Preferable experience in managing small to mid-size projects, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and regulatory requirements for IT operations.
- Experience with cyber security and data privacy is a plus but not essential
- Intermediate to advanced in O365 suite