A global and market leading company developing software in the Data Centre Infrastructure Management (DCIM) market has an opportunity in the role of Data Center Consultant / Project Manager.
Ideally you’ll come from a strong data center background, perhaps coming from a data center consultancy practice.
* Data migration, software configuration using SNMP or Modbus and consultancy as a subject matter expert.
* Perform project management activities that may include, but are not limited to, interaction with company and client stakeholders, monitoring of cost/scheduling, project cost estimating and proposal generation.
* Migrate customer data using advanced Excel skills and working knowledge of Modbus, SNMP, OPC, BACnet/IP protocols.
* Identify additional product/services opportunities in customer organization.
* Manage customer interaction throughout the implementation life cycle, including project scoping, leading regular touchpoint meetings, fulfilling project deliverables and presenting completed projects.
* Maintain working proficiency in company’s products and technologies through self-directed and formal training.
* Ability to administer Microsoft SQL Server databases as well as write and edit queries
* Candidate should have a minimum of 3-5 years professional services consulting, or data center services.
* Knowledge of Data center Discovery tools
* Knowledge of ITAM Software
* Demonstrated communication and presentation skills. Must be able to effectively communicate, share knowledge/instruction and present with confidence.
* Ability to conduct ad-hoc training via collaboration portals such as GoToMeeting/WebEx; enabling customers to effectively transition from the implementation phase to production.
* Self-motivated, flexible, self-starter with a strong sense of accountability.
* High level knowledge of MS Excel
* Some knowledge of data centers including, design, layout, infrastructure, power, networking, cooling, services and processes
* Knowledge of Building Management Systems (BMS), and Enterprise Management System (EMS)
* Understanding of networking/firewall ports and protocols
* Working knowledge of Modbus, SNMP, OPC, BACnet/IP protocols