Part-time web designer - 3 days per week £44,000 pro rata (£26,500 for 3 days)
A lovely role for a part-time web designer based in Thames Ditton working for a family business operating four brands from over twenty stores in holiday destinations across the UK and Spain. The websites of their four leading brands encourage people to visit these stores, as well as to purchase gifts online.
Reporting to their Brand Manager, the post holder will work closely with their IT Manager, Graphic Designer and Content Manager to continue the ongoing development of their websites in-house.
About the role
- Lead in creating original and beautifully branded, UX-underpinned responsive designs for mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Responsible for front-end management, maintenance and development of our WordPress/WooCommerce sites.
- Ongoing design and development of WordPress themes.
- Researching, integrating and managing WordPress plugins.
- Working alongside our IT Manager with PHP, CSS and HTML to ensure all elements of the site work together on different browsers and devices.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality.
- Integrating with third-party services via plug-ins or APIs
- Establishing and guiding our websites’ architecture.
- Managing the technical aspects of our CMS to ensure high performance and availability.
- A love of all things design and digital, as well as an ambition to take ownership of the improvement and growth of great branded websites.
- An understanding of the entire web design process, including development and deployment.
- Strong visual sense with the ability to design in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layouts and wireframes into working HTML pages.
- An understanding of content management systems.
- A methodical problem solver who is proactive, with good communications skills.
- Will thrive in a small, professional team, where they can make great things happen whilst having fun along the way.