A fast growing media company, part of a global organisation, is seeking a Technology Lead / Senior IT Engineer to transform their technical operations, ensuring the effective provision of SaaS platforms and other technology solutions that meet the needs of the business. This role requires a deep understanding of infrastructure and the successful applicant will be an expert at integrating systems. You’ll mostly lead project work, but you’re also a key player in service delivery by acting as a technical escalation point for junior support staff.
This role is hybrid (the office is based near Liverpool St, London) and is paying up to £60,000 plus great benefits.
You will work closely with the Head of Technical Operations, other cross-functional teams and key business stakeholders to drive innovation and optimise efficiency across the business platforms, with a particular focus on content editing. Other responsibilities include:
- Managing and maintaining the company's technology infrastructure, including servers, networks, endpoints, and software systems, to ensure optimal performance, stability, and security.
- Leading technology projects, including system upgrades, migrations, and deployments, ensuring seamless integration and minimal downtime.
- Designing and build a secure, resilient and scalable video editing solution.
- Engaging with key business stakeholders to establish the business’ technology needs.
- The complete technology lifecycle, from conceptualisation to implementation, including transition to Operations and Service Delivery.
- Creating and maintaining effective technical and operational documentation; including accurate records of technology infrastructure, configurations, and changes, and making available to relevant personnel.
- Excellent technical knowledge; a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent hands on experience in a range of roles.
- In-depth knowledge of Google Workspace admin.
- Proficient with MDM solutions (Jamf preferred).
- Proficiency with Identity and Access Management systems inc. SSO integrations (Okta preferred).
- Ability to configure virtual environments, functional networks, servers, software.
- A good understanding of IT Security (AV, Firewalls), DHCP & DNS, storage systems.
- Knowledge of network engineering, network operations, and network performance analysis skills including LANs, WANs & Wireless, TCP/IP networking principles.
- Strong understanding of media production workflows and technology requirements.
- As the team grows over time, the role may evolve to incorporate a people management component, with a Senior IT Engineer becoming the first direct report. This will mean providing guidance, coaching, and mentorship to a high-performing Technology team.