A market leading software company is seeking a Product Owner / Product Manager to work closely with the CTO and their customers and partners to define new product features and enhancements for their off-the-shelf, enterprise software solution. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects.
You will work with the Marketing and Communications team to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning and key benefits. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the Sales team and key customers.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from conception to planning and driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, QA and Marketing Communications).
- Run planning, scrum, review and retrospective meetings with the Engineering team as a Product Owner, prioritizing and clarifying product requirements to facilitate accurate estimation and rapid development of new features to meet requirements and achieve on time development in full.
- Manage the product backlog.
- Work closely with the Engineering team, Marketing team and CTO to develop a clear product roadmap that supports the company’s vision and customers’ and industry’s needs.
- Have responsibility for the planning, coordination, and monitoring of feature enhancement for the product range ensuring that the products meet the needs of customers.
- As the representative of internal and external customers, manage the product from enquiry through to acceptance, attaining high product quality to meet customer expectations.
- Work closely with Sales Managers and key account customers to understand and jointly develop the customers’ product features. This includes maintaining product specifications to support the sales function
- 2+ years of software product management / business analysis / ownership experience in an enterprise application management environment.
- Experience with network management/monitoring is a strong plus.
- Experience with MQTT is a must.
- Experience with shell scripting is a strong plus.
- Experience with RESTFUL APIs or SOAP APIs is a strong plus.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or enterprise Agile/Scrum Product Owner experience is a strong plus.
This position will require occasional travel to customer and non-customer sites in America and Europe as required.