Technical Data Analyst - Global Insurance
Home Based / Remote
A leading UK insurance firm is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join their team. This is a permanent role paying up to £53,000 plus 20% bonus, 25 days annual leave and additional benefits. The role can be fully remote providing you can attend either their London or Birmingham office once a month.
Duties within this role will include:
Business and Data Analysis
- Act as a key representative from data management to support projects, change management
- Advise the business on best practices and challenge existing structure with regards to systems and processes on any project with a link to data
- Collate and prepare and submit data for regulatory reporting, analysing the data to find conclusions
- Identify automation and efficiency opportunties in our regular reporting
- Provide business interface and analysis for any data requests ensuring requirements are fully captured.
- Undertake analysis of report requirements from the business to ensure effective delivery of reporting requests.
Data Quality Analysis
- Acts as an ambassador for Data Quality ensuring the Data Governance and Quality Framework and best practices are embedded across all work that is done.
- Monitor mitigation and remediation activities around the root cause analysis of data issues.
- Ensure Data Quality and Governance best practices are applied in all work.
- Prepare end to end process maps, and data lineage diagrams (in conjunction with and confirmed by the business) and support/deliver Data Quality control projects
To be considered suitable you will need a background in business and data analysis along with the following:
- Demonstrable structured techniques for evaluating business processes and documenting user requirements.
- Able to coordinate and challenge inputs from several departments, in order to propose and implement successful solutions
- Proven experience in the insurance industry, preferably the London Market
- Experienced in managing, analysing and manipulating data
- Expertise in data related projects
- Use of various analysis and project management tools covering scope definition, requirements documentation and progress reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS Access.
- Knowledge of SQL and Python is essential
- Knowledge of Data Quality tools would be advantageous
- Experience of creating data visualisations or infographics and being able to demonstrate value through visualisation
To apply, please send a copy of your CV