Specialist international insurance business are looking to expand their IT team with an additional Technical Architect to work closely with the existing Senior Technical Architect
Ideally you will come with some Technical Architect experience already, or have have some good IT project experience combined with 2nd or 3rd line support background. You will be keen to develop your skills as a Technical Architect, partnering the business, looking at the bigger picture with implementations, such as research and proof of concepts, technical reviews, how things will integrate with other systems, consolidation and cost.
You will work closely with the Senior Technical Architect to develop your experience in these areas and to analyse, design and implement IT Solutions across the business. The role will be varied and will involve project management, working on implementations, technical architect duties and some IT support when needed. The majority of the projects will be Microsoft based, across the wider IT estate, however some may be focused on bespoke business systems.
- Assist the Senior Technical Architect in managing existing technology and introducing new technology into the organisation ensuring it is aligned to the overarching IT and Cloud Strategies
- Assisting the Senior Technical Architect in overseeing and facilitating the research, evaluation, proof of concepts (POC’s) and selection of technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.
- Consulting on application or infrastructure development projects to harmonize systems or infrastructure with the enterprise technology architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify to accommodate immediate or future project needs.
- Developing awareness of the company’s overall business and the systems which support it.
- Understanding the data and process modelling diagrams at the business, logical and physical level.
- Having the ability to communicate clearly and methodically on technically related issues to all levels of staff, sometimes working under pressure on IT production problems.
The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator with commercial exposure working on or managing projects and solid Microsoft stack knowledge. Any experience of T/SQL or PL/SQL would be advantageous for when the role develops to include business systems, but not essential.
This role offers fantastic variety and busy pipeline of projects, with the opportunity to work end to end on smaller projects yourself and in collaboration on bigger ones, also the opportunity to learn new technologies and skills.
The business offer exceptional employment benefits and great working culture - the business operate a 34 hour working week and operate a good hybrid working system with 2 days in the office with the rest WFH.
Starting salary for this is £45,000 - £55,000 depending on the skills and experience you bring to the role.