Based near Earlsfield/Wimbledon, an accountancy practice is expanding its footprint and requires an additional Tax Manager to join their team. Already employing a team of 40 professionals they offer forward-thinking solutions to a wide range of multi-disciplined customers.
By utilising the latest cloud-based solutions and a modern work formula, they provide services to meet the increasing needs of SME businesses; they provide accounting support beyond statutory annual accounts.
At this vibrant and fast-growing practice, close to Wimbledon Park station on the District Line (and with on-site parking), you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients across a range of industries.
As a Personal Tax Manager, you hold critical responsibility for the delivery of services to a variety of clients across a range of industries. You will maintain client relationships and charge for advice, guidance and submissions.
You will manage your workload to ensure that you deliver to deadlines and against client expectations. You will form part of the senior team within the accountancy function. You will work collaboratively within a small tax team, directly managing junior members.
Your responsibilities, in brief, will be:
Relationships - You will manage the expectations of a wide range of private clients across a variety of industries. You will attend regular client meetings to discuss personal, inheritance, property income and capital gains tax planning. You will deal with technical queries and identify new service opportunities, negotiate fees and resolve any complaints. Internally, you will manage deadlines, share knowledge and improve communication. You will be expected to aid colleagues in business development and collaborate with the wider team to ensure multiple contact points exist per client.
Personal Tax - As an experienced Personal Tax Manager you must be able to:
- Complete error-free self-assessments for individuals, sole-traders, partnerships and trusts
- Prepare and review sole trader, rental and partnership accounts
- Identify tax planning opportunities and recommend appropriate strategies
- Advise on loss relief across Venture Capital Trusts, Enterprise Investment Schemes and Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme, trading, work overseas, rent-a-room and foreign income and tax credit
- Handle all routine enquiries raised by HMRC and assist in major investigations
- Accurately calculate income tax on investment income, accrued interest charge and allowance, income from trust, marriage allowance, personal allowance transfer and child benefit
- Accurately calculate income tax allowance on gift aid, pension contribution, pension annual and lifetime allowance
- Provide residency testing & Remittance Basis Charge
- Produce capital gains tax calculations on investments, capital gains tax deferral and capital loss claim
- Submit Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) returns
Team Management - You will be actively involved in interviewing and selecting new employees. You will manage the workload of your team and must ensure they complete the responsibilities of their role. You will carry out appraisals, in conjunction with your own, to review progress and set aligned development objectives. You will coach and mentor those around you, with a focus on your training junior accountancy professionals to review sole trader, partnership and individual tax returns and complete working paper preparation.
To be suitable for the role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Comprehensive personal tax knowledge gained in Practice
- That you are a proven technical expert
- ACCA/ACA qualified
- Able to use IRIS, or similar for accounts production and personal taxation
- Confident communication skills, both written and oral
This is an opportunity at a senior level of increased responsibility. The company are renowned for the investment they are willing to make into their team and the career development of their existing employees. The starting basic salary for a Personal Tax Manager with the above experience is between £70,000 and £90,000. This salary can rise in line with the delivery of your performance objectives.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will go on to lead the personal tax department before 2022, with the further possibility of managing aspects of the wider private client practice. This is dependent on both personal progression and company growth.
To send your CV, click on the apply button and, if asked, complete the consent registration form on the Ashdown Group website.