A well-established business operating within the education sector are looking for a Support Analyst to support, develop, innovate and maintain the business applications. Based in Colchester, your role will be part of the wider IT team and be responsible for managing the business system’s internal/external users, triaging, following up, testing and escalating matters to the business application developers and/or suppliers.
This is the perfect opportunity for a candidate looking to gain further exposure and training to develop their career.
The ideal candidate will come from a support background and will enjoy building solid working relationships with users and stakeholders. Exposure to ITIL, SQL or BI would be advantageous.
The following responsibilities will apply to this role:
- Liaising with internal and external users to resolve application support requests.
- Respond to requests for support within service levels avoiding any SLA breaches.
- Taking technical ownership of issues raised; providing analysis and identification of each issue and seeing issues through to resolution.
- Ownership of incidents to identify root causes, workarounds and solutions.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and delivery of reports.
- Take ownership of software modifications and minor/major projects following best practice processes to resolve underlying issues and provide improvements
- Previous experience within an IT support or similar role.
- Great time management and communication skills.
- Exposure to Microsoft technologies