A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced SQL Database Administrator to join a large global leader in the insurance sector. The role will be based from their central Birmingham offices.
This business is renowned for how it looks after its employees by providing an outstanding benefits package, regular training and competitive salaries. This SQL DBA role is paying up to £52,000 plus benefits including annual bonus, 25 days annual leave, flexible working, free lunches, gym membership and more!
The Database Administrator will be responsible for;
- Production database responsibilities:
- instance installation and configuration, database creation and sizing
- implement and refine database security standards, identify and report issues and vulnerabilities and work to mitigate these, provide mechanisms to protect private, confidential, and sensitive data
- ensure data integrity and business continuity, participating in annual disaster recovery tests, implement and help refine database maintenance tasks
- performance tuning to meet or exceed agreed quality of service and database performance targets, maintain maximum uptime and ensure high availability for business critical SQL Servers
- continuous process improvement
- provide support to production application maintenance teams
- Non-production database responsibilities:
- maintain and enhance the development, staging, UAT, pre-production and maintenance database environments, with production restores and implementing appropriate security
- maintain and publish database development standards, enforce the use of standards, best practice and change control within the teams
- provide project planning support and support development efforts
- Deliver solutions to complex technical database issues
- Assist in the implementation of new technical initiatives, evaluate new versions, features and tools
To be considered suitable for this SQL Database Administrator role you will need to have the following skills/experience;
- Strong experience installing, configuring and supporting Microsoft SQL Server from version 2000 up to the latest version, plus SSAS, SSIS and SSRS
- Proven ability to write clear documentation and articles for end-user and technical-user use
- Proven SQL server administration and support experience
- In depth SQL Server security; proxy accounts, roles, logins, users and execution context.
- Experience of working on sites with more than 20 SQL servers
- Experience in providing high-level technical support both operationally and to end users
- Using Active Directory
Any experience within the insurance industry would be beneficial however this is not essential.
To apply please send a copy of your CV