A high profile school in South West London is seeking a Systems Engineer to work in a high-profile department with excellent people, communication and listening skills. A 'can do’ flexible attitude towards working, workload prioritisation and an ability to work to tight deadlines, are essential.
Reporting to the Director of IT, the Systems Engineer is a senior member of the IT team and is responsible for supporting the school’s network infrastructure and servers, for overseeing the network dependent systems and dealing with network, server or systems specific support tickets, as well as other 3rd line support cases. They will also support or undertake appropriate IT projects.
Please note this role is fully onsite at the school in South West London. The role is paying up to £60,000 and offers great benefits including 25 days holiday, 10% pension and free lunches in term time!
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Experience of working in a similar technical role
- Windows Server and Windows 10/11
- Windows networking - Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS
- Networking and network hardware, particularly Cisco and Unifi
- Virtualisation (VMware) and SAN
- Endpoint management and MDM, particularly SCCM and Microsoft Endpoint Manager/Intune
- Experience researching, testing and applying a high level of security inc. MFA, SSO, IDM services
- Office 365 and Azure AD
- Backup, Disaster Recovery and high availability
- Technical qualifications, particularly from Microsoft and/or Cisco
- Knowledge and/or experience with Azure
- Systems integration using API’s and cloud based integration services
- Experience with SIEM and Network Intrusion Systems
- Google Workspace