A leading global media group is seeking a 2nd Line Senior IT Technician. This role is based in London to provide effective support for a wide range of IT and communications technology, ensuring systems are maintained and supported to the highest standards
You’ll be proactive in developing solutions and effectively diagnosing and resolving issues related to equipment, infrastructure and networks
* Provide effective first and second line support to multiple businesses through a customer service focused approach; utilising the IT Services/ Helpdesk system and escalating in a timely manner when required.
* Communicate effectively with users of all levels of seniority, along with the business and the Technical Operations team.
* Configure and set-up IT and communications equipment and systems (Mac/iOS, PC/Windows and Android devices)
* Maintaining best practices and policies to ensure effective provision of all infrastructure, data, e-mail, communication, firewall, security and storage systems
* Ensure patches and upgrades (including security) are applied and kept up to date
* Effectively manage data back ups
* To have in-depth knowledge of common applications and systems in use across the business. To act as a “Super User” to provide guidance and operational expertise
* Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software; accurately documenting and reporting on them
* Maintain all IT related procedural documentation
* Adhere to all relevant company policies, guidelines and legislation including health and safety
To be suitable for this role you’ll be/have:
* In depth knowledge of network infrastructure, IT and communication systems. Specific experience in Mac-based environments
* Knowledge of Microsoft Server OS, cloud service providers, Microsoft Office and Exchange, ICT Security (AV, Firewalls), Active Directory (GPO, GPP), DHCP & DNS, Storage Systems, LANs, WANs & Wireless, TCP/IP Networking Principles, IP Telephony
* Possessing relevant and recognised IT / technical / systems qualifications
* Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team
* Able to apply a disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
* Ability to work calmly and professionally under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Have an inquisitive and creative approach to understanding and using technology and readily embraces change
* Detailed knowledge of installations and configurations in a complex network environment
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to explain problems and solutions in non-technical terms; engaging users in a professional way during all interactions.
*Must excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success
* Develop skills and knowledge to meet the businesses requirements and to continually improve operational and technical standards