New Lead Engineer/3rd Line Support Engineer Opportunity – IT Consultancy - up to £55,000 plus benefits including training and 25 days holiday- Full Autonomy (Manage your own clients and workload – Home based 2 days/on client sites 3 days per week
Please let me know if you would be interested in the following opportunity. If so please respond sending me your CV, and confirm your notice period, current salary and salary expectations in the body of the email.
A growing IT Consultancy based in Kent is seeking a Senior IT Engineer/Lead Engineer to provide 1st to 3rd line/Systems Management level support to clients, based predominantly in East London. This role would be ideal for someone currently living between the two in South East London. The company is acquiring new customers very quickly so this is a great time to join them.
In this role you’ll work from home 2 days a week and 3 days you’ll be on client site (if required). You’ll have full autonomy to plan your own schedule and what days you work from home dependent on clients’ needs.
The role is paying up to £55,000 plus good benefits including 25 days holiday, supported training opportunities, phone and laptop as well as management opportunities going forward as the company continues to grow which it definitely will.
Working alongside the existing IT team, you’ll support requests sent from the client to the company’s helpdesk. You’ll ensure that all incidents are resolved in a timely manner and participate as a Lead Engineer on client accounts. You’ll be able to project manage and implement technical solutions when required.
To be suitable you’ll have a good understanding of (most of) the following:
- Windows Server, Windows OS, Apple MacOS.
- Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
- Knowledge of MS Exchange.
- Public cloud, email and storage solutions such as Google Workspace and Microsoft 365.
- Email security products e.g. Mimecast and Microsoft Defender for Office 365
- Backup technologies and procedures both traditional and cloud.
- Virtualization products - MS Hyper-V ono MS Azure.
- Networking covering LAN, vLAN, WAN and Wireless technologies.
- Firewall appliances and security (IPS, Gateway AV, VPN). Experience with WatchGuard, Meraki and Unifi products advantageous.
- Switch / routing appliances.
- Good knowledge of GPO deployment and Microsoft endpoint management, including defender for endpoint.
- Understanding of MacOS Bash and MS PowerShell, advantageous.
- Apple and Microsoft MDM, including Intune, JAMF and Addigy.