A fast growing media company is seeking a Senior IT Engineer to form a deep understanding of the company’s infrastructure and become an expert in integrating systems. You’ll mostly be focused on project work, but you’ll also play a key role in service delivery by acting as an technical escalation point for support staff.
This role is hybrid (mix of London office and work from home) and is paying up to £45,000 plus good benefits including bonus.
My client is an inclusive employer and particularly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and under-represented groups, including supporting with any requirements or needs in the application process.
- Ensuring all aspects of IT/technology are functioning effectively, including user devices, business systems and network connections to meet business and user needs.
- To act as the primary escalation point to resolve technical questions and issues.
- Engage with key personnel to establish the business’ technology needs.
- Install, configure and maintain hardware and systems ensuring appropriate security and performance.
- To be the subject matter expert in all aspects of implemented systems; with in-depth knowledge of how they are configured, deployed and run.
- Involved in the complete technology lifecycle from conceptualisation to delivery including transition to Operations and Service Delivery.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate software or hardware solutions and ensure integration with existing systems.
- Create and maintain effective technical and operational documentation; making available to relevant personnel.
- Ensure all work carried out complies with company group policy and standard procedures / best practice.
- In depth knowledge of Google Workspace admin.
- Proficiency with Identity and Access Management systems inc. SSO integrations (Okta preferred).
- Ability to configure virtual environments, functional networks, servers, software.
- Good understanding of Security (AV, Firewalls), DHCP & DNS, Storage Systems, IP Telephony.
- Knowledge of network engineering, network operations, and network performance analysis skills including LANs, WANs & Wireless, TCP/IP Networking principles.