A growing TV Production company is seeking a Senior IT Engineer to ensure group technology systems are specified, designed, delivered and run as effectively as possible. You’ll work on a wide range of projects that improve business performance and user experience through an evolving use of technology and be involved in the complete project lifecycle from conceptualisation to delivery including transition to BAU support teams. Although the role is primarily project and infrastructure orientated the Senior IT Engineer will be part of the 3rd line escalation team and will need to respond to service incidents and problems as required.
In this role you’ll:
- Understand how all aspects of implemented systems work from both a business and technical point of view
- Administration of large on premises and cloud-based Windows Server infrastructure including services such as AD, GPO, DNS, DHCP etc.
- Translate complex business requirements into practical and cost effective solutions.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate software or hardware solutions and ensure integration with existing systems
- Demonstrate excellent technical competency in delivering mission critical. infrastructure and systems ensuring security, availability and performance
- Collaborate with internal teams and 3rd party suppliers and partners to ensure projects are delivered on time, budget and technical expectations
- Train users on new systems and provide support to BAU team. Share knowledge
- Input into the Tech Ops Change Advisory Board advising on the practicalities and risks of changes and modifications to systems
- Help develop and deploy systems and configuration policies that support group IT governance requirements
- Monitor and maintain servers, SaaS and other infrastructure throughout the group and respond to problems and incidents alerting relevant members of the team
- Provide an escalation point for any technical issues, incidents and problems to ensure an effective and efficient service is provided
- Troubleshoot issues that arise, seeking to understand the root cause and how to mitigate the issue in the future
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers in resolving issues
- Create, maintain and share relevant documentation for all current and new infrastructure and systems including as part of any change process
- Share knowledge and support development of junior members of the Tech Ops team to ensure efficient service is provided
- Respond to service desk incidents where required. The above list of duties is not exhaustive, and the Company may reasonably vary the responsibilities of the role from time to time.
Applicants must demonstrate an excellent knowledge of server architecture, 365 and security tools. The role would be suited to someone with a passion for continual development and a dynamic environment
The successful candidate will have:
- In depth technical knowledge and a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar or equivalent hands on experience
- Capacity to thrive in a dynamic and changeable environment, and ability to effectively adapt to changing requirements and competing demands is essential
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in installation and configuration of Windows Server environments with SQL
- Proficient in MS operating systems, Windows 10 and Server 2016/2012
- Proficient in Mac OS X operating Systems
- Experience with virtualisation including Hyper-V or VMware
- Experience with the following skills and technologies is highly desirable:
o AWS and Terraform
o ServiceNow administration
o Ivanti EPM
- Solid scripting skills - PowerShell, Bash scripts
- Ability to work in a large multi-tenant 365 environment
- Experience of the latest cyber security tools and data loss prevention methods would be advantageous
- Good understanding of networking and routing - OSI network layers, TCP/IP, BGP etc.
- Experience in writing and maintaining API integrations would be beneficial but not essential
- Able to apply a disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving while working under pressure and to tight deadlines while maintaining rigorous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to explain problems and solutions in non-technical terms, engaging users in a professional way during all interactions
- Stay up to date with current and emerging technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills & communications skills with a desire to provide outstanding service.