A global bank is seeking a hands-on Senior Infrastructure Engineer to be responsible for the day-to-day operations, support and maintenance in all aspects relating to the London office’s IT production environment with a strong focus on IT infrastructure as well as end user support. The role reports into a Head of IT as part of a team of 4 IT Engineers and is paying up to £80,000 plus benefits.
This role will be 100% office based to start with, becoming office based/working from home on alternate weeks once established in the position.
• Ensure the day-to-day running of the London IT function, from 1st-3rd line focusing on Networking/Server Support/Cloud (Azure) Computing at a 3rd line level.
• Manage and administer the branch Networked Storage environment. Includes maintenance of storage availability, security management and general system integrity
• Support and administration of the physical and virtualised server environment
• Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd level hardware and software support for the IBM iSeries platform and applications that reside thereon
• Supporting 3rd party Banking applications that are developed both internally and externally (MIDAS+, Data Warehouse, etc.)
• Maintain Active Directory, including Group Policy and user creation, deletion and permissions
• To work in accordance with local and head office IT security policies and procedures
• To ensure the reliability and integrity of data backups and management of offsite tape media
• To ensure the entire Disaster Recovery site and systems are maintained to mirror that which is in the production environment
• Support, maintain and administer any related or associated IT equipment that is subject to approved use within the bank.
• Report any IT security weaknesses, events or incidents to Senior Management and the Branch IT Security Officer
• Adhere to ITIL concepts and procedures for incident and change management
• Support and maintain the daily helpdesk, coordinating user enquiries, incidents and changes.
• Support and maintain Cisco VOIP telephones and BT Dealer boards
• Maintain and support AV infrastructure including IPTV, Video Conferencing and Projectors
- International banking Infrastructure Analyst / Infrastructure Support experience
- Experience working with Microsoft cloud technologies (Azure and M365)
- Familiarity with latest Microsoft OS and Server software, Server and Networking Technologies
- Previous Team Leader Experience preferred