A well-established media and publishing company are looking for an experienced Data professional to join their expanding Data Science team. You will be a versatile, data professional with demonstrable experience in the design, development and optimisation of conceptual data systems.
The role would suit a technology professional with hands-on experience of developing databases and data warehouses and a thorough understanding of ETL processes and system integration techniques. You will be performing data assessment and profiling, source system analysis and providing a clear vision on data architecture to implement enterprise data systems that support the end use of the data.
- Analyze, organize and prepare raw data for modelling and data analytics
- Lead in the development of overall data platform architecture
- Architect and help build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate business needs and objectives and produce requirements and design documents
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Migrating data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Design data workflows and assist in business process development where relevant.
- Continuous optimisation of data systems and architectures
- Design high availability systems with appropriate real time monitoring that maintain excellent data integrity.
- Proven experience of developing databases and data warehouses
- Hands-on experience with SQL, Snowflake.
- Excellent Experience of utilising ETL processes and system integration techniques.
- Ability to be able to lead a team of data professionals to deliver to architectural design
- Knowledge/experience of data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Tableau or Power BI skills
- Strong organisational skills and must have the ability to manage multiple projects, as well as meet time constraints and expectations.