Based near Earlsfield/Wimbledon, an accountancy practice is expanding its footprint and requires an additional Senior Manager to join their team. Already employing a team of 40 professionals they offer forward-thinking solutions to a wide range of multi-disciplined customers.
By utilising the latest cloud-based solutions and a modern work formula, they provide services to meet the increasing needs of SME businesses; they provide accounting support beyond statutory annual accounts.
At this vibrant and fast-growing practice, close to Wimbledon Park station on the District Line (and with on-site parking), you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients across a range of industries.
As a Senior Practice Accountant, you hold critical responsibility for the delivery of services to a variety of clients across a range of industries. You will maintain client relationships and charge for advice, guidance and submissions.
You will deliver an exceptional and comprehensive accounting service to a diverse and sizeable portfolio of business clients. You will liaise with clients and HMRC to deal with all queries, working closely with the corporate solicitors, directors and external partners.
Your responsibilities, in brief, will be:
Relationships - You will manage the expectations of a wide range of business clients across a variety of industries. You will attend regular client meetings to discuss financial statements, corporation tax planning, cash flow and business continuity planning. You must fulfil an advisory role for key growth clients across a range of commercial issues. Further, you will be the key portfolio manager for a number of the highest value clients. You will deal with technical queries, identify new service opportunities, negotiate fees and resolve complaints.
Internally, you will manage deadlines, share knowledge and improve communication. You will be expected to aid colleagues in business development and collaborate with the wider team to ensure multiple contact points exist per client.
Accounting - You will be expected to:
- Prepare, finalise and file statutory accounts under FRS102 1(A) and FRS105
- Review, feedback and approve working papers and draft accounts prepared by more junior colleagues
- Identify tax planning opportunities and recommend appropriate strategies
- Assist in the preparation of Research and Development tax credit claims
- Assist in the valuation of companies for share schemes such as EMI, SEIS/EIS
- Handle all routine enquiries raised by HMRC and assist in major investigations
- Produce and discuss management accounts and management information with executive-level clients
- Advise on all aspects of VAT relating to a broad range of trades and business sectors
- Be able to prepare and complete self-assessment tax returns
- Be able to prepare accounts for partnerships and sole traders
Team Management - You will be actively involved in interviewing and selecting new employees. You will manage the workload of your team and must ensure they complete the responsibilities of their role. You will carry out appraisals, in conjunction with your own, to review progress and set aligned development objectives.
You will coach and mentor those around you, with a focus on training junior accountancy professionals to complete working paper preparation to a high level and to be able to confidently prepare and finalise statutory accounts and corporation tax returns.
Process - At all times you will seek to improve processes and procedures to develop best in class systems and service. You will look to develop new service lines that add value through your discussions with clients, awareness of the market and forecast changes to the future corporate finance landscape.
To be suitable for the role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A proven technical expert with comprehensive accounting and commercial knowledge gained in Practice
- ACCA/ACA qualified
- Able to use IRIS, or similar for accounts production and personal taxation
- Confident communication skills, both written and oral
This is an opportunity at a senior level of increased responsibility. The company are renowned for the investment they are willing to make into their team and the career development of their existing employees. The starting basic salary for a Personal Tax Manager with the above experience is between £65,000 and £75,000. This salary can rise in line with the delivery of your performance objectives.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will go on to head the compliance department, with the further possibility of progressing to partner level. This is dependent on both personal progression and company growth.
To send your CV, click on the apply button and, if asked, complete the consent registration form on the Ashdown Group website.