A global technology business that has been operating for almost 40 years is looking for a proven qualified Financial Accountant to join their Accounts team based in the Fleet area, Hampshire (commutable from parts of Surrey, Berkshire, Middlesex and Sussex). This will be a fixed term contract for initially 12 months. The successful candidate will be reporting into the Head of Financial Control and responsible for reviewing and preparing the company’s annual statutory financial statements, tax schedules and consolidated reports.
Excellent communication and numeracy skills are essential as you will liaise with senior executives on a regular basis.
You must be fully qualified (ACCA or ACA) and meet the following essential requirements:
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements, ideally multi-currency
- Detailed knowledge of accounting standards and financial statutory requirements
- Knowledge of UK tax legislation, ideally R&D
- Understanding of VAT & sales reporting requirements
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables and vlookups
The ideal candidate will also have some exposure to extracting and manipulating data from ERP sources, for example SAP or Oracle, however this is not essential.
This is an exciting role for an established global business and would suit candidates looking to work in a busy environment. This Qualified Financial Accountant role is paying up to £46,000 pro rata plus benefits including 25 days holiday, Group Pension Plan, Discretionary Bonus, Health Insurance and Life Assurance.