A superb opportunity for an Accountant to join a forward-thinking Accountancy practice currently experiencing a period of accelerated growth. This would be ideal for a highly motivated and experienced accountant who would like to join a cohesive and inclusive team. As an Accountant, you will play a crucial role in building relationships with a wide range of clients, from sole traders to multi-million-pound businesses. This practice is passionate about client centric services and are looking for a like-minded individual to join the team.
Reporting to the Accountancy Manager you will be responsible for the preparation and submission of accounts and tax returns for clients, liaise with clients via phone, email and face to face, register new clients, prepare and review book-keeping and VAT returns, assess and advise clients on their tax position, review the tax efficiency of clients as required, liaise between clients and HM Revenue & Customs to deal with and resolve queries as, ensure all internal and statutory deadlines are met, and prepare and execute year end client meetings as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience.
- Previous experience within an Accountancy practice
- Be fully AAT qualified or part qualified in ACCA or ACA
- Experience of end to end Accounting process
- Excellent communication skills
- Being able to work to tight deadlines both internally and externally (HMRC).
- Advanced of MS Office in particular Excel
- A sound working knowledge of QuickBooks and Xero (desirable).
The salary on offer is up to £34,000 with a range of generous benefits including pension, Healthcare Cash Plan Employee Assistance Programme and holiday reward scheme. The role is based at the practice’s modern offices in Waterlooville, easily commutable from Portsmouth and Southampton.