A community focused Kingston Upon Thames based Business Improvement Organisation is seeking a part-time Operations Assistant to support the delivery of projects and services related to the town's businesses, streets and spaces.
This role is part-time. You’ll work 3 days a week (including 2 weekend days per month), roughly 25 hours per week. This will be a mix of work from home and in Kingston town centre.
The role is paying up to £26,000 per year (pro rata) and offers fully flexible working hours.
Main responsibilities include monitoring street activities and general maintenance, supporting the smooth running and cleanliness of Kington’s ancient market place and general administration. Activities include:
- Carrying out weekly checks of the town's streets and spaces, e.g. reporting the number of graffiti tags and litter
- Supporting events providers with the set-up and de-rig of their activities, e.g. small visiting markets or promotional activities
- Coordinating and working with Kingston Council to organise the maintenance and repair of street furniture and equipment issues
- Liaising with members and partners to problem solve and support the smooth and safe running of the town's streets and spaces
- Creating reports and updates.
- Supporting project and service administration and processes, including meeting administration and data entry
- Representing the orgnanisation in external meetings with local businesses
This role would suit someone who has/is:
- Experience of working in a maintenance or customer services role or similar
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Knowledge of/confident using email, Word/Google Docs, Excel/ Google Sheets and internet
- Confident and capable working independently as well as part of a team
- Hands-on and comfortable working outdoors on a variety of street based tasks
- Friendly, personable and positive/ 'can-do' attitude
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Able to commute/travel to Kingston town centre
- A good knowledge of Kingston town centre