An urgent contract opportunity has arisen for an experienced Cisco based Network Engineer to join a successful datacentre and cloud telecommunications provider going through a period of growth.
The successful candidate will be CCNP qualified (or have equivalent experience) with demonstrable experience supporting and troubleshooting an enterprise network infrastructure . You will be responsible for maintaining the existing network as well as providing advice on service improvements and how to implement new technologies.
To be suitable for this role you will have a broad networking background with experience providing 3rd line support to the following;
• Proven experience with Palo Alto Firewalls/Cisco ASA’s, Cisco Routers, Cisco/Extreme switches
• Experienced reviewing, revising and agreeing complex network designs with customers
• Proven experience with at least one of the following:
o Palo Alto/ASA firewalls
o Managed Wi-Fi solutions, e.g. Cisco, Meraki, Aerohive, Ruckus, Ubiquiti
o Cisco ISE or any other NAC implementation
o Integration with customer application and infrastructure environments, e.g. Active Directory
o LAN switching, including switch stacks
o Config/Patch Management
• Routing protocols including OSPF and BGP
• Proven ability to operate in pressurised situations and successfully handle multiple priorities
• Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP (both IPv4 and IPv6), GRE, IPSEC, PPP and HSRP/VRRP
• Good knowledge of security principles and firewall techniques, e.g. application-based rules, SSL inspection
• Understanding of user authentication technologies such as RADIUS and 802.1x
You will be required to support and optimise network infrastructure to ensure the availability of IT services and provide resolution of technical issues and problems. You will also need to produce all the documentation and create operating procedures to support the network environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience maintaining the Network security to ensure the infrastructure remains compliant with internal and external standards, policies and governance.
The shift pattern is between 7am - 7pm