A well-known Film and TV production company is seeking a hands-on Network and Security Engineer to maintain a resilient and secure network infrastructure that provides employees with effective and appropriate access to data and systems. You’ll work on a wide range of projects that improve business performance and user experience through an evolving use of technology, and be involved in the complete project lifecycle from conceptualisation to delivery including BAU support.
This is a hybrid role with 5 days out of 10 to be worked out of the Central London office in Farringdon.
Reporting to the Group Head of Technology, key responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and maintain networks, firewalls and other security systems throughout the group and respond to security threats or beaches alerting relevant members of the team
- Provide an escalation point for any network and or security issues, incidents and problems
- Troubleshoot issues that arise, seeking to understand the root cause and how to mitigate the issue in the future
- Liaise with 3rd party ISPs/suppliers in resolving network issues
- Collaborate with internal teams and 3rd party suppliers and partners to ensure projects are delivered in line with time, budget, and technical expectations
- Identify current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities, and threats
- Conduct R & D to identify and implement effective solutions for the business – particularly around security tools – that align with our cloud-first approach
- Input into the Tech Ops Change Advisory Board advising on the practicalities and risks of changes and modifications to systems
- Help develop and deploy network and security systems and configuration policies that support group IT governance requirements
- Identify and address network hardware and software concerns (single points of failure, end of life, bugs, capacity, etc)
- Create, maintain and share relevant documentation for all current and new network and security systems including as part of any change process
- Improve knowledge and awareness of networks and security in the whole Tech Ops team including other members of the network team
- Respond to service desk incidents where required The above list of duties is not exhaustive, and the Company may reasonably vary the responsibilities of the role from time to time.
Applicants must demonstrate an excellent knowledge of network architecture and security tools. The role would be suited to someone with a passion for continual development and a dynamic environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred. Equivalent work experience can be substituted for educational requirements
- Substantial, proven network infrastructure experience required within Data Centre environment. Experience with configuration changes (ACL, routing, switching, certificates, etc)
- CCNA is required and CCNP certification would be advantageous
- Experience creating network asset documentation, diagrams, and other forms of network documentation
- WAN migrations and SASE network administration
- WiFi installation and configuration
- Radius configuration experience
- Experience in InfoSec principles and architecture
- Experience of the latest cyber security tools and data loss prevention methods Registered in England and Wales. Registration number: 04782820.
- Proficient in MS operating systems, Windows 10 and Server 2016/2012
- Proficient in Mac OS X operating Systems
- Advanced knowledge of network architecture and configuration of routers/switches/firewalls, including VLAN and VPN configuration
- Experience with Palo Alto, Meraki, AWS and Terraform would be advantageous Competencies and Characteristics
- Strong interpersonal skills & communications skills with a desire to provide outstanding service
- Highly effective in the use of MS Office 365 and service/project management software
- Excellent time management and organisational skills