An innovative not for profit organisation management business based in Kingston, South West London, is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager.
You will be responsible for leading and delivering fully-integrated communication campaigns including collateral creation, place marketing, PR, and direct marketing that have impact. You will line manage one member of staff, the Marketing and Communications Executive and will be comfortable working in a small ‘hands on’ adaptable team environment.
- Develop and lead the implementation of consumer focused marketing, PR and communication strategies to encourage engagement
- Support the Director of Communications & Corporate Development in the development of a corporate communications strategy
- Identify relevant stakeholders and partners to work with to identify opportunities
- Work with agencies and external suppliers to get best value and outcomes for projects
- Lead on the delivery of a PR strategy to raise the profile of the organisation and its work, writing content and building relationships with local and national journalists and influencers
- Evaluate the success of PR campaigns and initiatives to help ensure the team are continuously learning but also to demonstrate our impact with the local businesses community and stakeholders
- Lead on the development, delivery and evaluation of all online and social campaigns identifying new target audiences and increasing engagement levels
- Oversee the production of member and consumer newsletters
- Evaluate the effectiveness of our e-communications
- Identify new opportunities and channels to communicate with our members
- Encourage improvement and development of processes and procedures where appropriate across the business
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a marketing or communications role leading and delivering integrated marketing campaigns for different audiences
- Experience of delivering PR strategies, campaigns and tactics to raise the profile of an organisation
- Experience in developing, delivering and evaluating social media campaigns, managing content creation and websites
- Experience of managing and developing teams/others
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage different projects simultaneously, with a proven track record of delivering against agreed timescales
- Experience of managing budgets and evaluating projects and activities
- Experience of working with creative agencies
- Ability to write creative, clear, succinct and engaging copy and use the appropriate tone of voice for specific audiences.
- Self-motivated and an excellent team player with a hands on attitude and enthusiastic approach.
- Competent with the Microsoft Office package. Familiarity with Google suite (Documents, Sheets, Slides etc) is advantageous.