This is the perfect role for a 2nd line support candidate taking the next step in their career, especially if they want to work with industry-leading technologies. A well-established and growing managed service provider is now seeking a Systems Support Engineer to join their friendly and professional team, focusing and working on one of their client sites.
As a site-based Support Engineer, you will be the point of call for escalated tickets, fulfilling the onsite maintenance and user support across the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows 10, Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Office 365 deployment, Exchange Online and Azure AD
- Microsoft Active Directory, DFS, DNS, Group Policy
- Symantec Enterprise Protection and Threat prevention/remediation
- Web Meeting Tools: Cisco WebEx, Zoom
- Wireless networking and mobile communication and DUO MFA
- VMware vCenter, remote server access and administration
- Deployment Tools and system building (physical and virtual clients, with server knowledge)
- DHCP, Static IP, NAT
- VOIP telephony
There is no need to be an expert in all the above technologies. A solid foundation of support and maintenance will be expected but you won't be expected to install and configure some of the more advanced elements.
There may be occasional after-hours support and this role offers a great opportunity to assist with IT projects and solutions within the business and customer offices.
Our customer is looking for somebody who has excellent client-facing skills, is comfortable working remotely and as part of a team. They are a very friendly and open business, that pride their selves on the excellent service they provide. This role is offering the starting salary of £34,000 - £37,000 (depending on experience).