IT Support Technician- £30,000 - £35,000 plus travel costs
We have a new 1st and 2nd line IT support role. This is a varied role which will include all aspects of first line technical support, including but not limited to:
- Setting up new users on the network
- Installing and upgrading laptops, Macs and PCs
- Supporting staff with a wide range of technical support issues as they arise (both in the office and remotely)
In order to support this, as a minimum candidates should be able to evidence the following technical skills:
- Good knowledge of Windows/Mac, troubleshooting and hardware provisioning
- Microsoft Office Suite installation and application support
- Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange (both on-prem and O365)
- Collaboration tools such as, Zoom, MS Teams and Webex
- Security awareness (Mimecast, Sophos, Access Control)
- Endpoint Manager - MDM and Multi Factor Authentication setup (MS MFA)
- Windows Server 2016-19
- Documentation (guides, topologies etc.)
In addition, applicants will need to be able to display strong communication skills with users and suppliers; the ability to work under pressure when urgent issues arise; the adaptability to work both individually and as part of a wider staff team; and strong organisational skills in logging calls and taking ownership of support issues.
The role will report to the IT Manager and full training and support will be given.