A small MSP based in Kent is seeking an IT Support Engineer to work on-site at a new Stratford-based client, maintaining and improving their technical systems to ensure all employees have the technology they need. The IT Support Engineer will promote digital security, provide technical support and ensure systems are running effectively and efficiently.
The role is paying up to £40,000 plus benefits.
- Install and update company software and hardware as needed
- Maintain and provide general support for the IT infrastructure of the lab
- Troubleshoot MacOS, network and storage related issues.
- Manage licenses and purchase/renew software
- Understand and help with IT procurement
- Ensure the operational health of the SharePoint online environment including security, availability, performance, interoperability and reliability
- Ensure access to computer resources (data, equipment and facilities) is reasonable and restricted to authorised individuals
- Monitor and implement security certificates and company compliance of requirements
- Help onboarding new employees including installing and configuring laptops, software, telephone, network printing, etc.
- Provide the team support and training for software (Office365, Cisco Webex, Slack, Outlook etc) and hardware
- Introduce new/emergent tools, define trialling process and promote adoption
- Collaborate with the Business Lead and Design Ops Lead to ensure operational security, maintenance and governance
- Collaborate with IT Specialists from other departments to keep up to date with the wider IT infrastructure and protocols
To be suitable for this role you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years information technology across a breadth of relevant operation systems and software.
- Experience with Office365 and Sharepoint administration.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting for MacOS.
- Beneficial would be experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment with changing priorities.