A leading and constantly growing media organisation is seeking a 1st Line IT Support Engineer to help provide support to users within the group. This role is based in London and supports multiple geographical locations ensuring systems are maintained and supported to the highest standards. Work will be undertaken in accordance with service level agreements to ensure that all support calls and help desk requests are dealt with appropriately and in accordance with defined policies and procedures.
* To provide 1st line technical support. Answering support request via the IT helpdesk, phone and face to face.
* To take ownership of user problems and ensure they are logged and updated
* To escalate more complex problems to the relevant IT Support member
* Administration of Active Directory Users and Computers
* Set-up new starters on the system and moving of equipment when required
* Carry out day to day maintenance, administration and support on all computer systems as per the daily operations check list
Some travel within the UK maybe required.
To be considered for this role you will be/have:
* Recent experience of working in a desktop support role with in a professional firm
* Networking configuration and troubleshooting skills
* Hardware and software troubleshooting skills
* Proficient in MS operating systems Windows 7 /10
* Some Mac OS X operating Systems experience would be beneficial, Apple products
* Experience of Active Directory LANs, WANs & Wireless, TCP/IP Networking Principles
* Experience with VoIP telephony
* Some industry recognised qualifications would be advantageous - such as MCP/MCTS/MCITP