IT Support - Windows - 2nd Line
An opening for a 2nd line IT Support Engineer supporting a Windows environment is now available. You will be responsible for maintaining the company's IT network, servers and security systems. You’ll be responsible for investigating and diagnosing network problems, making recommendations for improving the company's IT systems and carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions.
- Responding to IT Support requests via IT ticket system which IT Technician is unable to resolve
- In conjunction with the IT Manager, monitoring high impact issues to ensure problem is resolved to completion
- Ensuring service requests and incidents are prioritised by urgency and impact to the business
- Ensuring relevant IT support staff are made aware of the current support issues
- Providing Procurement guidance to IT Technician
- Creating and maintain the IT Asset Management System
- Providing general administrative support, management and Training to the IT Apprentice/Technician
- Maintaining and support the company's internal IT systems to achieve best possible availability
- Developing and create user guides, training material, user acceptance testing scripts and other documentation as needed for business systems.
- Hands-on technical experience of networking and network security
- A strong understanding of Microsoft technologies (Windows Server, Active Directory, IIS, SQL)
- Ability to apply sound troubleshooting methodology to isolate and resolve root cause of reported issues
- Experience of architecting and managing production environments across Physical, Virtualised and Cloud technologies
- Experience of implementing and troubleshooting VPN clients and site-to-site VPN connections
- Experience of implementing and troubleshooting firewall configurations
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP.
- Advanced understanding of VLAN, STP, routing and switches technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with great attention to detail.
- Experience of ITIL