This is an excellent opportunity for an IT Helpdesk Manager to join a multi-site UK wide consultancy in their Manchester site. This role is paying up to £40,000 + on-call allowance & further benefits.
As the IT Service Desk Manager, you will lead a team of 4 x 1st line support analysts, 3 x 2nd line support analysts, and 1 field engineer. Although this role will be purely management focused, to be considered for this position you MUST have a decent background in IT support.
You will occasionally be required to attend customer site meetings, therefore MUST hold a full clean driving licence. This role is based in the South Manchester area near Manchester Airport and will initially be full time office based. Once you have settled in and passed your probation you will be allowed hybrid work from home / work in the office flexibility.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deputise for Head of Support in their absence
- Coach, mentor, and develop team, oversee new employee onboarding, provide career development planning and opportunities
- Manage the delivery of service desk processes & procedures
- Manage KPI’s & SLA’s
- Monitor response times & resolutions
- Assure that appointments agreed by engineers are adhered to
- Improve techniques and practices for managing client queries, troubleshooting and incident prioritization and resolution.
- Assign resource levels to meet requirements of projects and BAU
- Proactively manage client support issues and escalate as appropriate to the Incident and Escalation Manager
The ideal candidates will be ITIL certified and have previous experience working in a service desk environment. Whilst previous experience with an MSP would be a big bonus it is NOT essential
This role would be ideal for an IT Support Analyst with some team leading experience who is looking to move into management and step away from hands on IT support. As part of the management team you would also be on call 1 week in 7 for serious escalations - for this you will receive an extra £200 per week payment.
In return for hard work and dedication, my client is offering a salary of up to £40,000 + on call + private healthcare, life assurance, 24 days holiday (and the ability to purchase up to 10 more days) and further benefits.
If you are an experienced IT Support Analyst with team leading / management experience and a solid understanding of ITIL please send me your CV immediately.