A leading West Sussex based Green Energy technology company is seeking a technically proficient IT Operations Lead /Infrastructure Engineer. This new role has been created to support the increased volume of operational activity within the IT Department following a period of sustained business growth over recent years. Another principle driver for the role is to provide some additional space for the IT Manager to step back from operational activities and focus more on business development initiatives.
The IT Department consists of 8 members, including 2 in the Ops function and 5 in Support. The IT environment consists of two sites utilising predominantly HPE server hardware, Microsoft Windows technologies and Cisco networking. Additionally, there has been recent expansion into the Azure space to support a more flexible growth model and the businesses developing digitisation agenda.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong leadership qualities and experience of managing project lifecycles. This is a business facing role which requires strong communication and organisational skills.
- IT Operations service delivery
- Technologies used across the business include the Microsoft Server stack, SQL, Hyper-V, HCI, M365, Azure, Cisco switches and firewalls, Cisco FirePower, Meraki, MS Systems Center, Linux.
- Alerting and monitoring change management
- Hardware and Business Application/Service Lifecycle
- Infrastructure Issue Resolution
- Patching (OS, software, hardware), Documentation, Backups and DR/BC Support
- Foster the development of the Ops team's capabilities and expertise in line with business needs and the organizations evolution
- Develop, manage and maintain internal policies, processes and procedures to underpin IT Department functions.
- Drive and support new projects and initiatives within the department
- Contribute towards continuous improvement activities across the IS function
- Support budget forecasting and management activities
Person Specification / Core Competencies
- Desire to develop a technical skillset around infrastructure and operational management
- 3-5 years of experience in an IT focused leadership/management role
- Experience working with ISO 9001/27001 standards and the following tech stack: Microsoft Server stack, SQL, Hyper-V, HCI, M365, Azure, Cisco switches and firewalls, Cisco FirePower, Meraki, MS Systems Center, Linux.
- Participate in professional development activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfortable interacting with all levels of staff internally and externally as required
- Structured, methodical working approach.