Due to continued growth & expansion, my client has a new requirement for a Service Desk Manager to join their Manchester site leading a customer-focused team of 8. This role is paying £40,000 + excellent benefits working for a UK wide IT consultancy.
Although this role will be purely management focused, to be considered for this position you MUST have a strong IT support background with Microsoft systems.
As the IT Service Desk Manager, you will take command of a 1st line team of 4, a 2nd line team of 3, and 1 field engineer. Responsibilities will include:
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing the teams, overseeing new employee onboarding, providing career development planning and opportunities
- Manage the delivery of service desk processes & procedures
- Manage KPI’s & SLA’s
- Assign appropriate resource levels to meet requirements of projects and BAU
- Monitor response times & resolutions
- Improve techniques and practices for managing client queries, incident prioritisation and resolution.
- Proactively manage client support issues and escalate as appropriate to the Incident and Escalation Manager
- Deputise for Head of Support in their absence
The ideal candidates will be ITIL certified and have previous experience working in a service desk environment. Whilst previous experience with an MSP would be a big bonus it is NOT essential
You will occasionally be required to attend customer site meetings, therefore MUST hold a full clean Driving Licence.
This role would be ideal for an IT Support Analyst with some team-leading experience who is looking to move into management and step away from hands-on IT support. As part of the management team you would also be on-call 1 week in 7 for serious escalations. For this you will receive an extra £200 per week payment.
This role is based in the South Manchester area near Manchester Airport and will initially be full-time office-based. Once you have settled in and passed your probation you will be allowed hybrid work from home / work in the office flexibility.
In return for hard work and dedication, my client is offering a salary of up to £40,000 + on-call + private healthcare, life assurance, 24 days holiday (and the ability to purchase up to 10 more days) and further benefits.
If you are an experienced IT Support Analyst with team leading / management experience please send me your CV immediately.