A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a successful media organisation. They are looking for a Technologist to help ensure group technology systems are effectively specified, designed, delivered and run with the end users requirements as the focus of the solution. The role holder will be part of a team involved in the complete life-cycle of projects from conceptualisation to delivery.
Candidates will ideally have the following skills at 2nd line support level and upwards:
* Scripting skills – some experience with PowerShell/Bash/Terraform/Python
* Some experience in writing and maintaining API integrations would be beneficial but not essential
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience in Windows Server environments with SQL.
* Ability to design and deploy functional networks; configure and install servers, software, routers, switches.
* Experience with virtualisation including Hyper-V, VMware, Virtualbox
* Good networking and routing knowledge - OSI network layers, TCP/IP, BGP etc.
* Experience with monitoring systems - LogicMonitor, PRTG
* Problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines while maintaining rigorous attention to detail.
Naturally excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills will be crucial in this role.