A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a successful media organisation. They are looking for a 2nd/3rd Line Engineer to help ensure group technology systems are effectively specified, designed, delivered and run with the end users requirements as the focus of the solution. The role holder will be part of a team involved in the complete life-cycle of projects from conceptualisation to delivery.
They particularly want someone with good scripting skills (powershell/python/bash/terraform) to help automate processes going forward.
Good general technical knowledge is required and a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar is desired as is equivalent hands on experience in systems development, engineering, architecture etc. Capacity to thrive in a dynamic and changeable environment, and able to effectively adapt to changing requirements and competing demands is essential.
Candidates will ideally have the following skills up to 2nd/3rd line support level:
* scripting skills - PowerShell, shell scripts , some Python skills also very useful
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience in Windows Server environments with SQL.
Ability to design and deploy functional networks; configure and install servers, software, routers, switches.
* Experience of AWS (ideally migrations), Terraform, Puppet.
* Experience with virtualisation including Hyper-V, VMware, Virtualbox
* Good networking and routing knowledge - OSI network layers, TCP/IP, BGP etc.
* Experience with monitoring systems - Logicmonitor, PRTG
* Experience in writing and maintaining API integrations would be beneficial but not essential
* Problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines while maintaining rigorous attention to detail.
* Stay up to date with current and emerging technologies.
Naturally excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills will be crucial in this role.