A fast growing media company, part of a global organisation, is seeking an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to transform their technical operations, ensuring the effective provision of SaaS platforms and other technology solutions that meet the needs of the business. This role requires a deep understanding of infrastructure and the successful applicant will be an expert at integrating systems. You’ll mostly lead project work, but you’re also a key player in service delivery by acting as a technical escalation point for junior support staff.
This role is a hybrid role (the office is based near Liverpool St, London) and is paying up to £60,000 plus great benefits.
You will work closely with the Head of Technical Operations, other cross-functional teams and key business stakeholders to drive innovation and optimise efficiency across the business platforms, with a particular focus on content editing. Other responsibilities include:
- Managing and maintaining the company's technology infrastructure, including servers, networks, endpoints, and software systems, to ensure optimal performance, stability, and security.
- Leading technology projects, including system upgrades, migrations, and deployments, ensuring seamless integration and minimal downtime.
- Designing and build a secure, resilient and scalable video editing solution.
- Engaging with key business stakeholders to establish the business’ technology needs.
- The complete technology lifecycle, from conceptualisation to implementation, including transition to Operations and Service Delivery.
- Creating and maintaining effective technical and operational documentation; including accurate records of technology infrastructure, configurations, and changes, and making available to relevant personnel.
SKILLS REQUIRED - JOB SPECIFIC
- Excellent technical knowledge; a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent hands on experience in a range of roles.
- In-depth knowledge of Google Workspace admin.
- Proficient with MDM solutions (Jamf preferred).
- Proficiency with Identity and Access Management systems inc. SSO integrations (Okta preferred).
- Ability to configure virtual environments, functional networks, servers, software.
- A good understanding of IT Security (AV, Firewalls), DHCP & DNS, storage systems.
- Knowledge of network engineering, network operations, and network performance analysis skills including LANs, WANs & Wireless, TCP/IP networking principles.
- Strong understanding of media production workflows and technology requirements.
- As the team grows over time, the role may evolve to incorporate a people management component, with a Senior IT Engineer becoming the first direct report. This will mean providing guidance, coaching, and mentorship to a high-performing Technology team.