A multi-site educational establishment in the Wembley area is looking to expand the IT team with a Lead Infrastructure Analyst, with solid infrastructure support skills and the enthusiasm to work towards a Network or Infrastructure Manager role in the next year.
This is a busy and varied role in a school that manages all its own infrastructure and networks, offering the incumbent the opportunity to work with new technology like Windows 2016, VMware, Azure, SCCM, SAN and Cisco Meraki, with further interesting tech projects in the pipeline.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the IT Director to deliver the IT Strategy
- Act as an escalation point for the two 1st and 2nd line engineers, looking after all the 3rd line networking, server and systems issues.
- Ensure that all software, hardware, AV, peripherals, systems and user support tickets are dealt with by the team, offering your expertise to the junior staff where needed.
- Work either independently or in conjunction with the Director of IT on a variety of IT projects.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Experience with VMware, Hyper-V, Windows Servers- 2012 and 2016, Exchange 2016, 365, and Cisco Meraki.
- Ideally some Azure experience or AWS
- The drive to step up in the business to a Network Manager or Infrastructure Manager role as the organisation grows over the next year.
- A positive and proactive approach to your work.
This is great role for someone looking to step up in their career into IT Management. Due to the role being within an educational setting, you will be required to secure an Enhanced Disclosure to take on the role. The salary for this role is £35,000 - £40,000 depending on the skills and experience you bring to the role.