A leading national charity is seeking an HR Project Consultant on a 6-month fixed term contract basis.
The role is paying up to £50,000 plus 30 days holiday (pro rata). The role is based in the Wakefield office, with flexibility to work from home.
As the HR Project Consultant, you will be responsible for working on and delivering key strategic projects to drive the People Services strategy and agenda. This role requires someone with experience of working at a senior level in HR, who can manage complex change projects with the ability to work with a multitude of stakeholders and to ensure delivery.
- Lead and deliver various strategic people projects as agreed with the Director of People and OD ensuring they are resourced, project managed, communicated and implemented
- Translate strategic aims and objectives into associated action/implementation plans and work to ensure effective delivery.
- Work closely with Managers/Directors and other staff on the identification and implementation of flexible and effective change management solutions
- Have a good understanding of employment law and be able to translate this into pragmatic advice, solutions and action, ensuring that associated risks are identified and mitigated.
- Provide an effective professional HR service across the organisation, ensuring that advice and input is pro-active, legally compliant, of high quality and is flexible in response to business needs.
- Actively produce and analyse accurate information/data to influence decision making across a range of PS activities
- Support Managers/Directors in complex employee relations issues and strategic change initiatives, including direct and indirect input.
Project management experience – initiation and effective delivery of strategic organisation wide HR projects, particularly around change management and TUPE in and out
- Proven experience of effectively managing the significant HR elements of change/restructuring projects ensuring robust stakeholder mapping, engagement post restructure, risk identification and mitigation, etc.
- Experience of developing and implementing HR policies, procedures with the achievement of improved organisation outcomes
- Up to date knowledge of employment law and ability to translate into pragmatic solutions and advice
- Evidence of working with HR IT systems
- Demonstrable experience of translating HR strategy into practice
- Experience of working in a complex organisation with senior leaders and all levels across an organisation
- Chartered membership of the CIPD / Post-graduate qualification in human resources management