A growing global travel business based in Central London is seeking a hands-on Head of IT/Head of Business Systems to lead the IT teams in London, San Diego, and Singapore, with responsibility for network, infrastructure, cyber security, cloud, IT projects, IT support, and managing the programme of work and resourcing of these areas. This will ensure key projects are delivered effectively and that the business is provided with excellent customer service.
This is a hybrid role – 2 days a week work from home and 3 days a week in their central London office.
The role is hands-on and diverse, and it involves lots of project work introducing new features and new technology platforms, budgetary responsibility, line management (team of 4 in London) and the overseeing of all network, infrastructure, enterprise technology and IT support.
Some of the technology involved will be: Firewalls, VPNs, Windows Servers, GPO, Active Directory and Azure AD, Remote Desktop Services, Office 365, SharePoint, Mitel VOIP Telephony, ESET Antivirus, Azure Cloud, Mimecast and Service Desk tools.
The successful candidate is expected to be technically hands on in most of the above systems.
The role will suit a highly technical IT professional with several years of IT related work experience under their belt, with a relevant computing university degree or equivalent and strong interpersonal skills, as the role is very people-centric.
- At least 5 years of experience of demonstrable leadership in supporting and developing high performing IT teams.
- A track record of managing the delivery of large technology upgrade projects
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills; ability to translate IT jargon into layperson’s terms. Good documentation skills.
- Ability to understand user requirements and deliver relevant technology solutions
- Applies knowledge effectively to establish the root cause of defects. Possesses sufficient general business and technical knowledge, to investigate incidents.
- Microsoft Azure servers and Infrastructure
- Backups, recovery and cyber
- Active Directory
- Outlook and Office 365 Admin
- Microsoft licensing
- Mimecast would be desirable as would experience with Telephony systems