A market leading software company is seeking a Frontend Software Engineer (HTML/Typescript) to be a part of a team responsible for the development of their software products. You’ll coordinate development on individual Features, working closely with Product Management, other developers and QA to refine requirements and deliver regular releases of high quality, innovative software to meet customer requirements and strategic objectives.
● Reviewing requirements and providing feedback to Product Management (ambiguities, inconsistencies).
● Assistance in drawing up and validating technical specifications.
● Participating in technical planning sessions: Conception, tasks identification and estimation.
● Working with QA team to ensure delivery of a high-quality product.
● Driving the whole development process of individual features within each release.
● Maintaining and refactoring existing codebase, expanding automated tests capability.
● Reporting on progress, issues and problems to the team; providing lessons learned and giving suggestions to optimize the work processes.
● Helping more junior, and supporting other senior team members.
● Deep experience developing and maintaining enterprise-scale Web 2.0 applications.
● Enjoys learning new skills and working with a team, finding innovative solutions to problems, and contributing to the constant evolution of a mature set of products.
● Strong diagnostic/debug skills and a methodical approach to problem solving.
● HTML/CSS skills for developing standards-compliant UX/UI designs on large, ‘desktop-like’ web applications: accessibility, consistent look-and-feel, best-practice in useability.
● Experience with source control and build processes: branching, merging, one-push-build processes, configuration management.
● Must be a strong verbal and written communicator, able to articulate complex technical. detail to colleagues in a clear and unemotional manner. Must be prepared to code to specifications/designs/use-cases, and use dialogue to resolve inconsistencies, but also contribute ideas and prototype innovations towards ongoing improvements in the product.
● Agile, self-motivated attitude, keen to add value wherever possible.
● Able to work quickly, accurately, and flexibly towards defined deadlines.
● Experience consuming REST and OData APIs
● Interest in HTML visualisation technologies, including 3D (3js), SVG and Canvas, or other JS-based data-visualisation frameworks.
● Experience of build and installer scripting both in JS-tools (node/r.js) and/or nant.
● Practical experience with SQL Server, and T-SQL.
● Experience of shipping shrink wrapped software.
● Educated to Degree level or equivalent; or possess highly relevant experience.
● Must have 5+ years’ experience in development in a professional technical role.
● Must have practical experience of working as a senior part of a structured professional software development environment.