A leading tech company based in West Sussex is seeking a Financial Accountant to support the Group Financial Controller in the reporting of financial data and the day to day responsibilities of maintaining the Group’s financial records and reporting procedures. This includes statutory and management reporting, the completion and reconciliation of key control accounts within timescales set by the Group Financial Controller in order to meet the business and finance department requirements.
Month and Year End
- Monthly preparation of the IFRS/FRS 101 compliant consolidated management accounts, supporting the FPA&R Manager where required to finalise the management accounts pack for review by the Group Financial Controller and CFO.
- Drafting year end and interim financial statements under IFRS including statutory disclosures.
- Preparing audit working papers.
- Preparing and maintaining monthly intangible asset and revenue schedules.
- Preparation, posting and review of month end journals including revenue, cost of sales, payroll and management recharges.
Project and department reporting
- Drafting government grant claims, liaising with grant project managers and auditors and presenting results at review meetings.
- Preparation and submission of PAYE Settlement Agreement and other statutory returns.
- Treasury overview including posting and maintenance of cashbooks and bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of key balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support the calculation and submission of R&D tax credit claims and other tax items as required.
- Audit Committee – support the Group FC drafting and updating Audit Committee (and Board) papers including performing periodic internal control and other reviews for the Audit Committee.
- Share options – supporting the Group FC to manage the process of employees exercising share options and preparing share based payment charge calculations.
- Various finance-related projects as required, including drafting accounting policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- ACA qualified. (essential)
- A candidate who has worked and ideally qualified with for one of the top 10 Accounting Firms
- The candidate will be seeking to grow and develop a career within an expanding fast paced/ organisation (due to the nature of the company's expansion and future strategy) the individual will have the opportunity to grow and self-develop, with career the opportunity for longer term progression
- Hands-on experience of general ledger maintenance and reconciliations. (essential)
- Demonstrable intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel. (essential)
- Exposure to R&D tax credit claims beneficial. (desirable)