An award winning, global technology business is looking for an Export Specialist to join their Global Trade Compliance Team.
As a team they take responsibility for all cross border transactions, work with custom brokers and look at volumes of what is imported and exported and compile data on this
The successful candidate will ideally have a business related degree and be either CIS or CES certified with knowledge of import and export laws and regulations and / or trade compliance
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Ensuring compliance is documented throughout the supply chain by maintaining existing process flows
- Works alongside the Engineering team to ensure accuracy of import and export classifications
- Works with IT to monitor and maintain trade compliance parts of the various databases
- Keeps abrest of regulatory changes within your assigned area and keeps the manager updated of these
- Supports management of relationships with brokers, reviews post entry import files and periodically audits the part database.
- Clearance, processes and export controls
- Ensuring good record keeping
- Support senior specialists and managers when they audit and investigate certain issues and also collecting information for responses to government enquiries.
- Provide training to trade compliance members on the various systems and tools, offering ideas on training topics and program improvement.
The ideal candidate will also be a strong communicator - verbally and written and demonstrate excellent knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
Starting salary for this role is up to £36,000 plus bonus and extensive benefits package. The business also offer fantastic development, career and salary progression opportunities. The role is based in the Greater Manchester / Preston area and offers some WFH flexibility.