An exciting opportunity to be part of a innovative business developing ground breaking technology offerings to the technology law industry. This start up is a spin off from a well-established business within industry, who has taken to market a first of its kind offering that will give the incumbent a fantastic opportunity to be intrinsic to the success and development of this product and to take a very visible role across both businesses.
The Database Architect will report to the Head of Technical and work as part of a small development team, from design through to implementation of production systems. You will be:
- Designing the technical solution and assuring the delivery across multiple projects
- Bringing structure to development process, including defining scope and details of projects before implementation, effort estimates
- Undertaking code reviews
- Ensuring data quality, especially during updates, data structure changes and rollback.
Day to day you might:
- Work closely with the Elastic search programming team to create a database back end audit system of search actions enabling (read and writes) and replaying of steps taken.
- Create an overlay system for the UI's backend data base
- Create ETL systems for loading raw data sources into the core processing
- Develop a calculation engine/tool - developing generic rules, creating and modifying tables
This role will suit someone who is capable of taking a lead development role within a small team. Someone who is genuinely excited by this opportunity presented to them and passionate about technology, whilst demonstrating the ability to apply logical thinking to complex data problems and deliver coding solutions. You should have:
- Relational Database skills (SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Elastic Search or similar open source technologies
- Big Data experience
- Excel and how it integrates with SQL Server DB's.
- C#, DQS, XML, Java, Visual Studio, Visual Basic, VBC and MVC would all be considered advantageous.