An exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative technology business in the heart of the City, this Database Architect will report to the Head of Technical and work as part of a small development team, designing and delivering technical solutions across multiple projects, bringing with you a structured development process.
Day to day tasks might include:
- Undertaking code reviews
- Ensuring data quality, especially during updates, data structure changes and rollback.
- Working closely with the Elastic search programming team to create a database back end audit system of search actions enabling (read and writes) and replaying of steps taken.
- Create an overlay system for the UI's backend data base
- Create ETL systems for loading raw data sources into the core processing
- Develop a calculation engine/tool - developing generic rules, creating and modifying tables
This role will suit someone who is capable of taking a prominent development role within a small team. Someone who is genuinely excited by this opportunity presented and the technologies they work with. Someone with an entrepreneurial and innovative approach to problem solving, who will thrive on being able to effect the development of the solutions they are working on, demonstrating the ability to apply logical thinking to complex data problems and deliver coding solutions.
Key requirements are:
- Relational Database skills (SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Elastic Search or similar open source technologies (useful, but not essential)
- Big Data experience (useful/preferred)
- Azure SQL (useful/preferred)
- Excel and how it integrates with SQL Server DB's.
- C#, DQS, XML, Java, Visual Studio, Visual Basic, VBC and MVC would all be considered advantageous.
Salary is up to £75,000 plus bonus and decent benefits package. Offices are also modern, light airy and well equipped, boasting a central location, within two minute walk of the nearest tube station. To register your interest, please send a copy of your CV with the reference number ASH18064RT/FF/1.