A leading investor in the sustainable energy markets is seeking a Data Manager to join the company’s Technical Team. The role will be varied, with the successful candidate contributing towards the ongoing development and implementation of the company’s Data Strategy.
- Relate to the effective management of high-volume operational SCADA data from the company’s 50+ operational renewable energy assets. The Data Manager will be tasked with improving data reliability in order to build a foundation for downstream data flow/analysis.
- Contribute to the implementation of Data Strategy, supporting the identification, implementation and ongoing management of data use cases.
- Map and monitor various data flows.
- Continually develop and implement data management strategies/procedures.
- Assess system performance and make recommendations for software, hardware, and data storage improvements.
- Identify and resolve gaps/technical issues affecting data flows including developing novel solutions.
- Work directly with internal and external stakeholders to ensure data systems are reliably populated.
- Create rules and procedures for data sharing.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate information and data systems that could affect analytical results.
- Manage incoming data files.
- Manage and implement interfaces with applications/create custom APIs
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to decipher and organize large amounts of data.
- Experience building a data architecture from scratch.
- Understand leading approaches to machine learning and when to apply them.
- Able to translate complex problems clearly and in nontechnical terms.
- Able to build strong relationships with colleagues and external counterparts across diverse countries and cultures.
- Flexible: open to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
- Driven to achieve results, setting challenging goals and exceeding them.
- Adept at project management, balancing priorities and deadlines while effectively managing expectations.
- 3+ years’ experience in data management or analysis.
- Experience in the management of operational data, preferably from renewable energy assets, e.g. Primary/secondary SCADA data, systems and analysis an advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer/Data Science, Computer/Data Engineering or related field.
- Experience with modern databases, database formats and management: SQL, MS Azure, AWS
- Experience with Communications, networking and data transfer: VPN, IPSEC, FTP, API, OPC, ODBC, JSON
- Experience in a scripting language: Python, R, Java, SCADA, SCALA
- Experience with Data Visualisation tools such as PowerBI, Tableau.
- High level of proficiency with Excel, visual basic and macro writing experience an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills - fluent English. Spanish, Italian or Portuguese languages an advantage.
- Willingness to travel internationally.