A rapidly growing green energy technology business is seeking a Data Lead to get a grip on their data structuring and process flows, and who will bring them some valuable experience in structuring databases and data pipelines.
The company, through all of its design, engineering and manufacturing operations generates large volumes of data. As part of a wider digitalisation agenda, they are developing a data management capability to enable the business to utilise its many sources of data more effectively and productively.
The scale, pace of change and future plans in this area provide a perfect opportunity for a Data Manager to have a lasting impact on the business.
The company is in the very early stages of developing an Azure Cloud based environment to support its data management environment and needs this Data Manager to ensure that the structures and processes built meet its downstream requirements. Data uses will include analysis, analytics, machine learning, modelling and digital twins and the Data Manager will need to ensure that the data management solution is fit for purpose and is maintained correctly to support all these use cases.
- Bridge the gap between the data consumers and the Data Engineer by defining the correct structures and data processing required to meet business needs.
- Oversee the build and run activities to ensure that quality data is being presented to the end consumers in the optimum structure and timeframe.
- Create and communicate related policies and procedures.
- Manage the documentation of the data management solution. In conjunction with the data engineer create standard operating procedures for the execution of data pipelines.
- Educate the wider organisation in data management principles and best practice. Work with info sec to ensure data assets are secure and properly managed.
- Provide technical input and oversight to all data related projects. Identify and drive data management improvements across the whole business
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role. Ideally in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Evidence of driving implementation and change in the area of data management.
- Knowledge of modern cloud-based data management solutions. Full understanding and experience of modern data management principles and techniques
- Ability to translate business data requirements into a technical design in line with the company's policies.
- Structured and detail orientated working approach
- Able to communicate technical concepts to a wide range of people
- Lead or be a member of a problem-solving team
- Azure and Databricks experience would be a bonus but is not necessary.