A rapidly growing green energy technology business based in Sussex is seeking a Data Catalogue and Quality Administrator to work alongside the data management and project implementation teams to configure, integrate, and deploy their new enterprise data catalogue solution. As the adoption of the product grows, the role holder will continue to enhance the capabilities, availability and rulesets. This will provide a business facing bridge between the business and technical data communities. The role holder will provide support for the data catalogue product owner and data owners delivering various catalogue services which enable the stewards and business stakeholders to search, find, steward, trust and understand enterprise data and analytics.
This role is fully remote/work from home. The role is paying up to £50,000 plus very good benefits.
Essential Job Functions
- Configure and maintain enterprise data asset modules including data catalogue, business rulesets, business and technical glossary, collaboration articles and lineage.
- Daily operational support of the Enterprise catalogue application including role management, maintaining data, and capability enhancements.
- Collaborate on and document business cases and POCs for solutions to current issues or future opportunities
- Responsible for data asset uploads and management into the catalogue (Marketplace, Business Glossaries, Metrics Glossaries, etc.)
- Develop, monitor and publish catalogue metric and usage queries for use in metrics dashboards Mentor and collaborate with data owners and stewards to socialise catalogued data asset progress, availability and integrity
- Understand connectors and monitor daily jobs for extracting technical metadata and data profiling from data sources
- Test and perform Application module new features and upgrades.
- Oversee and share best practice training materials to socialise across the business Internal and vendor Help Desk Ticket Resolution, including coordinating application outages with technical and business stakeholders
- Some hands-on operational and administration experience in enterprise data governance, catalogue and data quality solutions
- Experience working in a data management, data stewardship and/or data governance function
- Experience working in data profiling and data quality improvement cycles
- Experience working in collaborative cross function groups in data projects and activities
- Self-motivated independent thinker and collaborative team member
- Experience in implementing enterprise data governance catalogue solutions
- Experience in Informatica data management product set would be an advantage
- Technical skills in Power BI, Excel and/or SQL Experience working in Azure or other Cloud platforms
- Technical understanding of modern data architecture and pipelines Experience in engineering and/or manufacturing sectors