A growing manufacturing/technology company is seeking a Data Engineer to develop and manage the data management processing activities on their Azure Databricks based environment. This is an office based role 3 days a week (company is based in Horsham, West Sussex) but there will be remote working opportunities (possibly 2 days a week).
This company has recently begun building a data management infrastructure on the Azure Cloud with the Databricks application at its core. This is a junior role ideal for an aspiring data engineer just starting out in their career.
As the company grows and becomes more reliant on data the management and delivery of that data will become increasingly important. This is a perfect opportunity for someone to join this team at the start of an exciting journey, with huge potential for learning, contribution and career development.
- Become a subject matter expert on the Databricks tool, it’s options and application to solve business use cases.
- Development and writing of code within the Databricks environment to process real time and batch data through defined pipelines.
- Manage and monitor the environment to ensure robust operation and quality data processing.
- Work with the Data Manager and stakeholders to develop our methods, understanding and processes around data management.
Person Specification/Core Competencies:
- An interest and some experience of data management and specifically processing of data to meet a user requirement.
- Some coding experience, preferably in Python.
- Understanding of relational databases.
- Knowledge of SQL (desirable)
- Working in a cloud environment, ideally Azure (desirable)
- A learning mentality.
- Able to question to get an understanding of a requirement or problem, and then develop a solution.
- Ability to articulate concepts in a user-friendly way.
- Detail orientated.
- Motivated to stay up to date with tools and techniques.