A leading Investor Services Group is seeking a qualified Company Secretary to help with the continued growth of their corporate secretarial division. They provide corporate governance services to a diverse client base which includes listed, regulated and private companies, fund vehicles and special purpose vehicles.
The role will suit an individual who has gained solid experience working in a listed environment, experience in Board Support, and expert support to clients.
* Providing efficient and effective service to our client’s Plc boards, their committees and subsidiaries
* Ensuring our client’s boards comply with all regulatory, legislative and governance best practice
attending to regulatory, statutory and governance reporting requirements – maintenance of corporate registers, director details and records for the entity and copies of all contracts with third parties
* Preparing and filing of all statutory submissions and annual returns of the clients
* Preparing, coordinating and releasing the regulatory announcements on behalf of the client companies using RNS Submit
* Preparation of AGM, drafting notice of meeting and proxy form, liaison with registrars, arranging venue, dealing with enquiries from investors / voting agencies in relation to the business of the meeting, chasing proxies and arranging letters of representation if required, preparation of the Chairman’s script for the meeting, attending meeting, signing in shareholders, taking minutes
* University graduate with an excellent academic background, ICSA or Law Society qualification is necessary.
* Experience of servicing board and committee meetings, sound and competent minute-taking skills and general boardroom exposure; confident and able to deal with colleagues and clients at all levels, including board directors and NEDs.
* Experience of complex and routine company secretarial transactions and filing and notification requirements, using company secretarial software and/or Companies House web-filing.
* Essential to have previous experience of the rules of the FCA, the London Stock Exchange and the corporate governance code.
* 5 years’ of relevant working experience in financial services.